The features of coatings can be improved by crosslinking the functional groups.
Zirconium (Zr) is suggested to be used for crosslinking between free Carboxylic (-COOH) and Hydroxylic (-OH) groups which results in improved durability, binding, chemical resistance, tear strength, fastness, hydrophobicity and rub or abrasion resistance.
Zirconium based crosslinkers are utilized as insolubilizer in paper coatings or as additive to improve durability in water based paints. Also, Zirconium based crosslinkers can be used to reduce or omit free formaldehyde in formaldehyde based resins.
crosslinkers Allicross AZC and Allicross KZC are used as insolubilizer for paper coatings which are strong enough to be compared with the other AZC's and KZC's on the market.
Allicross AZC-R and Allicross KZC-R are cross linker based on a lower molecular weight zirconium carbonate and have more free reactive groups for crosslinking.
You can see some common Zr Cross linker and their features as following:
- Allicross AZC: crosslinker insolubilizer based on ammonium zirconium carbonate solution with a ZrO2 content :20%
- Allicross AZC-UR: crosslinker insolubilizer based on low molecular weight ammonium zirconium carbonate. ZrO2 content :20%
- Allicross KZC: Potassium zirconium carbonate based crosslinker with a ZrO2 content: 20%
- Allicross KZC-R: Low molecular weight potassium zirconium carbonate based crosslinker with a ZrO2 content:20%
- Allicross ZA: Zirconium acetate crosslinker with a ZrO2 content: 22%.